The control of gases includes all reduction and impregnation treatments of gases in wine, i.e. the reduction of O₂ and CO₂ in young red wines, deoxygenation of wines carried out immediately before bottling or stocking for vinification, and addition of CO₂ to refresh white and rosé wines when bottling or in the production of perlé wines. The system can be installed downstream to the bottling line to control the concentration of gases in the finished product of between tanks when transferring into deposit tanks.
JU.CLA.S. has always been concerned about the correct mangement and application of new technologies in the production of wines, and has developed an innovative system designed to adjust continuously and precisely the concentration of gases present in wines so as to control or reduce alcohol.
The main component of the machinery is a system of hydrophobic memebranes that filter small gaseous molecules through pores of defined size. Since only gese with low molecular weights are able to pass through the barriers, the structural property of wine after the adjustment of the gases remains unalteres, thus avoiding the loss of aromatic components.
- Automatic control of flows so as to limit the fouling of the membranes
- Measurement of the concentration of continuously dissolved O₂ and CO₂
- Easy management of all production and washing cycles
- Reduced water consumption
- Flexibility of use (with in-line, transition or recirculation machines)
- Innovative design
- Compact system
- Additon or removal of CO₂
- 95% reduction of dissolved O₂
- Partial reduction of alcoholic strength