Since its inception, JU.CLA.S. has focused on the production of technologies to meet the diverse needs of wine producers. In recent years, R&D has been increasingly involeved and concentrated in the design of systems for greater sustainability of wine production.
SMART®LEES was created to recover clarifying sediments of juices, musts, flotation lees, filtration residues from cross-flow filtration, a permeate that respects chemical and organoleptic characteristics. It does not cause heating, loss of colouration or loss of alcohol content because this filtering process uses low pressure on moving ceramic membranes on a central axis, thus lessening clogging and permitting a simpler management of cleaning cycles.
- Non-clogging ceramic disks
- Average flow from 30 to 60 l/m²/h depending on the composition of the permeate
- Modular system up to 30 m²
- Fully washable with automatic cycles
- Extremely compact design
- Up to 97% recovery of the permeate
- Possibility of concentrating lees up to 75% of the suspended solids
- High filtration efficiency, producing higher quality permeate
- Substitutes vacuum filters
- No oxygen uptake
- Energy saving compared to classical techniques
- Manpower savings
- Ability to work continuously for more days
- High environmental sustainability